Monday, July 22, 2013

My Epic Fairy Tale Fail


My Epic Fairy Tale FAIL
by Anna Staniszewski
Sourcebooks Jabberwocky (March 5, 2013)

Jenny is an adventurer. What’s an adventurer? In basic terms, it’s a person who travels to fantasy worlds saving creatures (and they tend to get into trouble ….. A LOT). Jenny has been sent on adventure, not so interesting… but this time it is. She’s going to [dramatic music plays] The Land of Tales. Okay so maybe that didn’t sound SO dramatic, but Jenny might finally find out where her missing parents are. She just has to do three impossible tasks for the Witch Idle (who looks more like Jenny’s math teacher), who has taken almost all the land's magic. That sounds so easy! A whole land (who already hates her) depending for her to get the land's magic back, and the pressure of finding about her parents. Will Jenny be able to complete this task?

Rating: This book was very...interesting. In the beginning I wasn’t much of a fan. I decided to finish the book anyways, because what would it cost me? In the middle things got interesting, I couldn’t/wouldn’t dare to put it down. There was a lot of adventure in this book (duh!), and it kind of just left you hanging. You would be: “What is going to happen?” “Is she going to die?" (and that happened often) If I was the author though, I would put just a hint of more action in the first chapters. I would rate this book a 3 out of 5. --SS

No comments:

Post a Comment